Sunday, May 29, 2011

Never Again

K, so you know how I recently blogged about my 1 hour dress? Well this is about a 72hr dress. Never again will I spend that much time making a dress. I don't have the patience or the time. So much went wrong with this dress and alot of the directions or steps did not make sense.
Here's the pattern I am complaining about...it says to only make it out of knit but then it also calls for a zipper on the side?
The first thing I did different was make the top strap lay over the bodice instead of fighting with all the pinning...i have heard horror stories about this step.

So I just sewed it on top..I don't know how else to explain it...

This part did not make sense either....why would I sew the midriff facing on before I sewed the skirt on? But no way was I going to unpick it! This is a delicate knit and I started to unpick a different part and ended up putting a hole in it so forget it..
Then..if that was not enough I sewed the zipper on backwards and did something really weird with the pockets...To Be Continued....

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Sorry that it's not working out...I did see a sample of this dress in Joann's and thought it was really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Sewing Scrap Projects! A Quilted Bag.

Don't you just love all this fabric goodness?  In todays episode we will dive into scraps of fabric again! Do you have a fabric stash? I...