Wednesday, February 27, 2013

1 New Habit

I have been reading up on habits and how to create new ones.  The key is to pick one habit , keep it simple and focus on that habit for 30 days.
I found a great post about breaking bad habits from www.pickthebrain.com.  You will love this website. So much good information.

So My habit will be to get up at 6am and go to the gym. I am going to focus on this habit for 30 days!  I'm not going to think of fancy work outs or where I'm going to work out but that I am going to get up at 6 am and be out the door by 6:15.   The gym in closed friday mornings so I will do this Mon-Thursday.

Now I realize the hardest part of this is physically getting out of bed...Well I already started going to the gym this week and the key is: Do Not hit the snooze button.


There is no reason to hit that snooze button...the alarm goes off-lift up your head, turn off the alarm and get up!!!   If you don't get up right away then your mind will tell you to stay in bed.... You have to get out of bed before you talk yourself out of it!!
Don't even think about it, don't try to rationalize or think of excuses not to...just do it, just get up.  I don't even know why there is a snooze button.

Now that I have shared with you the getting out of bed part I will move on to some other tips:

Preparation for the night before:


  • Set aside my work out clothes, shoes, phone, head phones & water.
  • Prepare my coffee the night before. (set the timer)
  • Be in bed by 10 pm.

Preparation in the morning

  • Get out of bed and brush my teeth. (this wakes me up)
  • Warm up & eat my banana protein muffin
  • Also pour my coffee and start drinking
  • Get dressed
  • Out the door!
I eat my muffin first then I get dressed (i'm buying time for my food to digest)  and also the drive to the gym gives me time to drink my coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Sewing Scrap Projects! A Quilted Bag.

Don't you just love all this fabric goodness?  In todays episode we will dive into scraps of fabric again! Do you have a fabric stash? I...